Sponsors

Monday, September 30, 2013

Strauss goes public over Pietersen row

LONDON, Sept 28 (AFP): Former England Captain Andrew Strauss the lid on his distance weapon with Kevin Pietersen, who has lifted his last days as an international cricketer, says, he felt overshadowed "Stitch" the star batsman.

And his comments in Saturday's daily mail serialization of his autobiography, ' my driving ambition ' translated a question mark be expressed interest in following Hugh Morris as England's new Director of cricket-a position that effectively would mean that he was Pietersens of supervisor.

Strauss moved in August last year after England's test series loss to South Africa, where the generally good relations he enjoyed with Pietersen, the man, the successor, nadir be achieved as captain.

The lows came after reports that Pietersen, was born in South Africa and grew up that wardrobe of Strauss, including advice on the left-handed close derogatory text messages to his friends in the Proteas sent.

The texts after a drawn fourth test in Leeds, where Pietersen an excellent 149 scored just to say, it was "hard to be" public in the England dressing room, with the fall-out from see the gifted Shotmaker dropped from the team that played the last test against the Proteas.

Strauss, referring to his feelings, wrote: "the England cricket team are back in the crisis. Coach Andy Flower and I have in the middle of a destabilizing and potentially damaging PR game between Kevin Pietersen, the national cricket team and the ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board) found us.

"I feel incredibly tired, as if I just no energy more have I have nothing more to give. I'm wallowing in a rising tide of sadness. This is not the way that I wanted to finish my England career.

"I was taken aback. I was not too disturbed about it send texts to a few South African players he knew quite well. I however have criticized problems with it me to the opposition.

", Felt me talking out of school, not to mention by the opposition, you can drive a wedge between Pietersen and I and the team" Strauss, who added exactly 100 for England international matches.

"Right from this moment, that the battle lines were drawn between Pietersen and the ECB, with both sides a PR / legal battle for public support and cover litigation, involved", the now 36-year-old Strauss said.


View the original article here

s p o n s o r s

No comments:

Post a Comment